** Exam/Evaluation and Syllabus files will be added to your cart with this item.
- Describe the main brain functions that contribute to addictive behavior.
- Explain the major ways that addiction changes the brains of addicts.
- Describe how drugs mimic and alter neurotransmitters which provoke the psychological effects of addiction.
- Explain the difference between drug dependence, tolerance, and addiction.
- Describe the clinical consequences of addiction to food, opioids, street drugs, and alcohol.
- List and compare the major treatment options for legal and illegal drug addictions.
- Describe how the information in this course can be utilized to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
- Describe, for this course, the implications for dentistry, mental health, and other health professions.