** Exam/Evaluation and Syllabus files will be added to your cart with this item.
- identify the human microbiota, including beneficial bacteria (probiotics) and beneficial fiber (prebiotics).
- describe the effects of human microbiota with regard to the digestive, immune and mental health conditions.
- list the pro- and anti-inflammatory influences, including those of essential lipids and amino acids.
- identify interventions to address chronic inflammation, pathological appetite, and mental health manifestations of microbiome imbalance.
- identify mental health consequences of gastrointestinal pathobionts as related to various mental disorders.
- discuss the role of the immune system with regard to cariogenic bacteria and regeneration of dentin.
- describe how the information in this course can be utilized to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
- describe, for this course, the implications for dentistry, mental health, nursing, and other healthcare professions.