** Exam/Evaluation and Syllabus files will be added to your cart with this item.
- explain the complex nature of body fat and why both too much and too little are deleterious to health.
- describe how genes, eating behavior, macronutrients, physiology, microorganisms, and the environment interact to produce obesity.
- outline how the food industry’s production of hyperpalatable foods fuels sweet, fat, and salt addiction and the obesity epidemic.
- identify the most effective diets that could produce long-lasting results in weight loss.
- explain strategies for maintaining successful weight loss, managing food cravings, and treating emotional overeating.
- identify the relative effectiveness of diet, exercise, medications, and surgery in maintaining weight loss.
- describe how the information in this course can be utilized to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
- describe, for this course, the implications for dentistry, mental health, nursing, and other healthcare professions.