** Exam/Evaluation and Syllabus files will be added to your cart with this item.
- Review the recent Medicare law regarding end-of-life discussions with patients and define options for patient and provider consideration.
- Discuss the psycho-social implications of death and dying among varied cultures and religions and how this effects healthcare delivery.
- Identify the concerns most expressed by the dying.
- Identify patient rights to live with dignity and as much independence as possible until the end.
- Cite the philosophy, history and tradition of death and dying over time and how current beliefs developed.
- Discuss heroic measures verses natural death and discuss caregiver support.
- Describe the stages of death, the timeline of what happens to the physical remains after death, and care of the body after death.
- Identify necessary legal documents regarding death, disposition of the body, family and patient rights, and how these important statutes assist the poor and the marginalized.